We know that many of us have returned to work this week, so we thought we’d compile a few tips to stay healthy and happy back at work!
1. Drink plenty of water! When routine changes, it can be hard to keep track of how much water we’re drinking. Set a reminder to make sure you’re still drinking 2l of water a day, which will help you to feel energised and healthy.
2. Eat healthy food. If you’re anything like us, you’ve found yourself with a bit more time to prep food over lockdown and have probably in turn eaten a healthier diet. Try and keep up eating a balanced diet by making a meal plan and packing your own lunch.
3. Wear something suited to your job. If you don’t have a uniform, make sure you’re wearing something that you’re comfortable in! We’ve been wearing a full face of make-up to the shops so are excited to show off our fave outfits again, but our poor feet have been in comfy slippers for so long that it might be worth giving the heels a miss for a few days…
4. Integrate your new self help techniques into your new routine. We’ve all had a bit more time than usual to work on ourselves. We’ve been meditating, doing yoga and exercise and journalling and are feeling definite benefits. It’s so important to make sure that we continue to dedicate time to this so that we continue to feel great and look after our minds.
5. Ask for support when you need it. Feeling a bit anxious? That’s totally fair enough! It’s important for our emotional wellbeing to speak up about how we’re feeling. Make sure you speak to your supervisor if you’re feeling concerned about your wellbeing and keep in touch with your lovely family and friends to talk about how you’re feeling.
Are you enjoying being back? We hope our simple tips help you make the transition!