I hope you’re all keeping safe and well.
Regularly practicing meditation can help us to find calm even in the most fraught of times. I really wanted to share some the benefits with you today and give you a few little tips for setting up a little practice for yourself.
Heres some benefits you get from just a few minutes practice a day :
· Lower blood pressure
· Improved blood circulation
· Lower heart rate
· Less anxiety
· Lower blood cortisol levels
· More feelings of well-being
· Less stress
· Deeper relaxation
Your mind is such a powerful thing, so if we can spend the time training it to be a kinder place to be then you are going to have the power to do anything! Remember training your mind is like going to to gym, you don’t just go once and expect to have a complete body transformation, it’s about creating good habits and keeping it going.
Here are some easy techniques and useful resources which you can tap into to start creating your daily meditation habits.
HOW TO MEDITATE: EASY MEDITATION FOR BEGINNERS
This meditation exercise is an excellent introduction to meditation techniques. Put some relaxing music on, or you can sit in silence whichever feels good for you. I’ve attached music perfect for meditation that plays at a positive frequency, if you’d like to use that:
1. Sit or lie comfortably.
2. Close your eyes
3. Make no effort to control the breath; simply breathe naturally.
4. Focus your attention on the breath and on how the body moves each time you breathe in and breathe out. Notice the movement of your body as you breathe. Notice your chest, shoulders, rib cage, and tummy. Simply focus your attention on your breath without controlling its pace or intensity. If your mind wanders and thoughts pop into your head, return your focus back to your breath.
5. Don’t give yourself a hard time, if you feel any aches and pains just notice them and breathe.
Keep this going for two to three minutes to start, and then try it for longer as they days go by.
If you love an app and need a bit of extra guidance then you can try these out:
Happy day of calm, lovely ones.
Lots of love and light